tips of cleaning your couch
Couches are very special furniture of your home. You don’t clean your couch very often. Whenever you think of cleaning your couch, you always prefer any professional help for doing so. You never clean your couch yourself as you think it will ruin your couch. However it is possible to clean your couch yourself without taking any help of professionals and without ruining it. For cleaning your couch without destroying it you need some efficient tips and knowledge about it. The cleaning method of your couch depends upon which type of material you have for your couch. The cleaning method and material for one couch is different from that of the cleaning material and method of another. Some of them are of cotton while some of them are of leather. Cleaning your couch is based on what type of couch you have. Many of them are also very much difficult to clean and if they are cleaned with just the normal cleaner of home chances are there that spots and stains are left on the couch which makes the couch to look really bad. You can use the dry cleaning methods for cleaning your couch and save loss of bucks which you should have spent if you have opted for professional cleaner. Here are some of the steps to clean your couch which would be helpful in cleaning your couch.
- Find the fabric tag which is there on your couch. This will make you aware about the type of material you have on your couch. Majority of the couch manufacturers will be using letter codes to show you the cleaning method. If there is W on it then it indicates that you can clean your couch with water based cleanings solution. If you see S on the couch then it defines that it needs dry cleaning or any solution which does not contains water. If you see WS then it denotes that you can clean your couch with any of the types either water based or dry. If there is o then it should be cleaned in cold water only with some organic material.
- Buy the right type of cleaning solution for your couch.
- Brush off the stagnant dirt which is already present on your couch with the help of a bristle brush. Make sure to clean those areas which are most dirty like armrests or the armrest which will need more focus.
- Remove the surface dirt from the couch like hairs, food crumbs, pet hairs or any such things from your couch. Take off any such thing even from the corner of the couch. After vacuum the couch so take off all the dry dirt off your couch.
- After that you can go for cleaning your couch with water or any other solution as specified on your couch.
- If you have gone for water based cleaning then ensure that you let the couch dry essentially before you take it back in use.
Curtains are used in most of the houses. Curtains are used for doors and windows, and it’s more likely to become dirty due to the winds which carry dirt. Cleaning the curtains once in a while makes the home look clean and bright. If the curtain gets dirty, it will cause allergies. To avoid such allergies, you have to clean the curtain. There are two types of curtain. They are Washable and non washable curtains.
1. Remove the curtains from the hanging and check for the labels. That label will have the information about the material whether it is washable or non washable.
2. If it is washable, you can wash it using a washing machine.
3. If it is non washable, you have to steam clean it or you can use the vacuum cleaner.
4. “Dry Clean only” is mentioned on the label, then you have to dry clean it.
If you have a pet at home you are evidently bound to notice that these pets are generally considered as prominent family members that bring love, affection and care to your life. If pets are important then their peaceful existence and maintenance is also extremely significant. If you want them to be your friends and a healthy support system rather than being obligations that require an extra amount of physical and mental effort you must have the correct and easy accessories for you to manage your little buddies well.
A range of accessories are a must like…A pet GPS will ensure that you never lose your pet.
Daily vacuuming your furniture will keep the fleas away which can otherwise be extremely unhealthy for your pet and your family. To make your pet’s bed flea infection free you can use stems of eucalyptus as fleas hate eucalyptus. Branded pet food that suits your pet and his taste buds..
Another important accessory could be pet friendly furniture covers. They are attractive, convertible and durable enough to last years at a stretch. They are as easy to clean as a pair of jeans. Separate utensils with pet names for your little loved one can also ensure cleanliness and disinfection. If your pet brings you peace let it exist peacefully with you.
Cushions are a must have in every couch and in every bed. You might even throw some extra cushions around the rug around your fireplace to give your home that ultimate comfortable and welcome feel. No matter how pretty, trendy, retro, classy or expensive your cushions and their covers are, they cannot take care of themselves!
This means that from time to time, you will have to clean your cushions and their covers so that they stay as beautiful and clean like new. Your delicate cushions need delicate care. Vacuum your cushions every day to remove dirt daily. Once in a while remove the covers and send them to dry clean. If you want to wash them at home then soak them in mild detergent and brush gently before washing them and drying them indoors. Read the washing instructions carefully before cleaning as each may need to be washed differently
If you have been worrying about the dirty pile of carpets and curtains that are just waiting to be cleaned then it’s time to get the job done, in easy steps!
Here are a few quick and easy steps that you can follow to make sure that cleaning isn’t much of a torture anymore:
- The best way to clean your carpets is to dry clean them. Dry cleaning is not only fast and hassle free but it is known to increase the life span if your carpets.
- If you are not a big fan of dry cleaning and want to get the work done at home then soaking up the carpet in sift detergent, laying it flat on a clean ground and brushing it up will help get rid of all the dirt and stains.
- In case of curtains, dry cleaning is a good option too. Apart from that the best way is to soak them in detergent over night, followed by mild brushes and hanging them up to dry, away from the direct sunlight.